The long-awaited iOS 7.1 update is now available. While this is a point release, Apple has made several tweaks to the iOS user interface, alongside the usual bug fixes and some feature additions. The main visual changes can be found in the phone dialer and power off features. iOS 7.1 switches to rounded UI elements in both of these areas, and the incoming call interface now includes separate decline and accept buttons below floating circular icons for the Remind Me and Message options.
- CarPlay – iOS’ in-car experience ships with iOS 7.1.
- Siri – New more, natural sounding voices for Mandarin Chinese, UK English, Australian English, and Japanese
- iTunes Radio – Search field above Featured Stations, Buy albums with a tap from Now Playing, Subscribe to iTunes Match on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Calendar – Option to display events in month view, Country-specific holidays
- Accessibility – Bold font option for keyboard, calculator, and icons
- iPhone 5S HDR can be automatically enabled
- iCloud keychain gets support in more countries
- FaceTime notifications are automatically cleared when you answer a call on another device
- Home screen crashing bug was fixed
- Improved Touch ID
- Improved iPhone 4 performance
- UI refinements
- Mail app badge will now go above 10,000